Wednesday, September 7, 2011

My Favorite Things - Prada Logo Frame Bag

I first saw this bag in a Vogue editorial and just had to have it.  In the article they used the smaller camel version, which I never did see in stores.  My personal shopper, Brian Callahan (who has since retired--sniff sniff) at the Prada store in San Francisco, put me on the waitlist for the camel large bag.  After a month or so he called to tell me they had received a black bag, and would I be interested in seeing it? Would I?!? I beelined it to the store the first chance I had, and I had to get the black bag. It's a classic shape, but the larger scale of the bag (approx. 11 inches tall by 11 inches wide and 5 inches deep at the bottom) and the oversized logo make it really special.  And what is the dangling thing covering the logo?  It is a fob in matching leather enclosing keys to the clasp. And yes, the lock really does work. On top of all that, the bag is lined in red leather! Runway bags typically have a lining that is more special than the logo jacquard that is used on the regular line of bags. This bag even has a small envelope-closure side pocket, and two gusseted pockets on the opposite side--perfect for my phone. And of course, feet. I am a stickler for feet on bags to protect the bottoms. After a grey version of this bag appeared in the opening scenes of The Devil Wears Prada on the arms of Meryl Streep as she exits her car, everyone wanted one.  I can certainly see why.



No comments: