Sunday, September 11, 2011

Wishlist - The Perfect Boots

I have looked for the perfect black flat heel dress boots most of my adult life.  It's even harder when you're short and petite like me, since most candidates I have found are clearly intended for Amazonian women over 6 feet: they are always too tall and make me look like I should have a fly fishing rod in hand.  

My search is over.  During an especially rainy winter in San Francisco I realized I spent so much time in rain boots that I decided I wanted nice rain boots. It occurred to me that I've always liked riding boots, so after some searching online, found a website called Equestrian Collections that sells all manner of horse riding wear.  While browsing for rain boots, I found these. These are fantastic for short folks like me since the shaft is 2 inches shorter than most other dress boots, not to mention a design that is pure and simple, with no gratuitous buckles, frills, or frippery.  The other great thing about these boots? They come in wide calf widths, which is great for me since I have well-developed (ahem) calves from years of running. I suppose heredity has something to do with that too but that's probably a separate post....

Ovation Finalist Royale Dress Boot, $145.00 at equestriancollections.com

And they have great rain boots as well. I purchased a pair on the site two years ago and they are fantastic.  The same style is no longer available, but this style:


is just lovely.  

No comments: